Governors play a key role in leading, supporting and improving schools.
What school governors do
Governors sit on the school’s governing board and work with the headteacher. They’re responsible for the strategic goals, while the headteacher implements them and manages the school from day to day. The governors:
- set the overall vision and direction of the school
- oversee the budget
- help recruit staff
- monitor the performance of the school, for example in examinations and key stage tests
- advise on school policies and procedures
You can find out more about governors' responsibilities in the DFE Governance Handbook.
Governor’s duties include:
- taking part in regular governors’ meetings, usually six times a year with extra committee meetings
- spend some time on training and getting to know the school
- occasionally sit on appointments panels or panels that handle staff or pupil discipline issues or complaints against the school
Could you serve as a Foundation Governor? Click here to download an information leaflet with more details on what's involved.
Please find below a list of the school governors at St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School with their dedicated area of governance stated.
St Bernard’s Catholic Primary School has 4 committee’s.
Ethos & Pupil Support Committee – Chair: Mrs Angharad Norman
Finance & Resources Committee – Chair: Mrs Linda Dineen
Our School Governors
Mrs Linda Dineen - Chair of Governors -RE/H&S
Ms Angharad Norman - Safeguarding
Ms. Beverley Sharp
Jaime Norman -GDPR
Mrs Joanne Alder - H&S
Mrs Kim Russell
Acting Head teacher
Mr Richard Jordan
Clerk to the Governors
Mrs Sarah O'Driscoll